The results of this DIY Herbal Shampoo will surprise you!
DIY HERBAL SHAMPOO REVIEW: HAIRCARE HACK WITH OUTSTANDING RESULTS
Internet is just full of so many ideas, and if something promises the result that tempts us more. Plus if it is accompanied with words like natural or organic, than there are no second thoughts. As we can never go wrong with natural products. They are natural (obviously), Skin-Friendly and always better than a chemically loaded cleansers.
Similarly, while searching for a good shampoo I came across this DIY Herbal Shampoo. Everybody was just raving about it like an elixir for hairs. Youtube is flooded with the recipe of this shampoo. Even I thought of giving it a try, and share my experience with everyone. So, lets get started!
DIY Herbal Shampoo is made up of three simple ingredients:
SHIKHAKAI/SOAP-POD (Acacia concinna): Shikhakai helps to make your hairs strong from the roots
AMLA/INDIAN GOOSEBERRY (Phyllanthus emblica): Amla gives shiney and bouncy look to hair
REETHA/INDIAN SOAPBERRY (Sapindus mukorossi): Reetha is a natural cleanser.
The quantity required is 100 GRAMS EACH and they are easily available on Amazon.
NOW, LETS GET INTO THE PROCESS:
STEP 1: Wash off all the ingredients nice and clean (Specially Shikhakai).
STEP 2: Take about 3 liters of Filtered water in a container (if possible iron container) and dip all the ingredient in that for about 72 hours. Cover it with a lid.
STEP 3: After 72 hours, remove the lid (you will notice the change in colour of water to dark brown). Boil the mixture of shampoo ingredients and water. Give it a good boil. Wait until the mixture is reduced to about 2 or 1.5 liters. Then take it down and let it cool.
STEP 4: Strain the mixture well so you get a smooth/little-runny paste. Keep the paste aside.
From here, the further steps are optional. STEP 5 and STEP 6 are to extract all the juice from the leftover ingredients.
STEP 5: Now take about 1 liter of water in a container and add the strained/leftover Shikhakai, Amla and Reetha to that water. Boil it till it is reduced to about 1/2 litre. Keep it aside to cool down.
STEP 6: Strain it again. Let the paste completely cool down.
STEP 7: Store both the pastes in a glass container.
Use it like your normal shampoo. Good for both men and women. It’ll be comparatively mild and won’t make any froth while applying but well do the cleaning job well.
Pathetic. Though all are natural ingredients still its just pathetic. Horrible. Mere waste of time, energy (all the steps are mentioned above) and material. This DIY Herbal Shampoo won’t work. Ever.
- Extremely less shelf life– It is made with natural ingredients and WATER, and it doesn’t have any preservative. So as soon as you will leave it outside for more than 1 day, it will go stale and develop fungus within 2 days. Like mentioned here, for ready-to-use facepacks as well. In fridge, you can store it for 10-15 days.
- Extremely drying – Amla and Reetha will dry your hair to such extend that you’ll develop scalp infection/eczema. And its really hard to cope with.
- Wont clean-up the last night champi (oil massage) – though it is a very drying shampoo but it will not clean the oil from hairs
- Hell lot of efforts – The ingredients are not very costly but the time and efforts are way too much for just 7 days of shampoo
- Smell is not very pleasant – Smell is a negligible point, if shampoo actually works. But it didn’t so its a negative point for this DIY Herbal Shampoo.
- Won’t give the clean feeling – I don’t know why, but it give heavy feeling to hair
- Keep it as a dry shampoo: Just wash the ingredients, sun-dry a little (to ensure no moisture) and grind them to make fine powder. Take 2-3 spoons according to your hair length and mix it with water and use.
- For avoiding the drying effect add 100g of Fenugreek Powder to it. As Fenugreek conditions hair.
- Homeopathy alternative to is ARNICA SHAMPOO. (You can choose any trusted homeopathy brand and it is easily available in any drugstore)
- Avoid the hassle and rather opt from some trustworthy natural product brand like Mamaearth or The Body Shop (Please ensure that the label has mentioned all the 100% ingredient and they are natural).
- Apply Fuller’s Earth/Multani Mitti Hair Mask if facing any scalp infection/eczema.
Though, opting for a natural alternative is always better than a chemically loaded product. And, internet is flooded with different advices. The outstanding results was expected from this one as well. But sometimes even natural product can give reactions. Always make sure to do a patch test.
Hope this will help you, we would love here your thoughts about it. 🙂
We’ll see you soon with next review, till then stay fill and healthy!
Lots of Love,
Team ReviewSha. 😉
You can checkout more recipes here.
And still if you want to try it, the ingredients are available on AMAZON.COM / AMAZON.IN.
Since You Are Here…
Checkout more reviews on our website here.